Love your job!
Our DC based client, is in search of a top notch BMET to add to their team.
The ideal candidate will:
- Repair, calibrate, and perform preventive maintenance on medical equipment.
- Perform safety checks and document all tasks to insure compliance with all local and federal guidelines and mentor a junior technician.
- Provides Planned Maintenance (PM), safety testing, repairs, calibration, installation, routine and emergency service to general and various specialized diagnostic and therapeutic medical equipment, as assigned by the Clinical Engineering (CE) Manager.
- Candidates must have previous experience as a BMET to be considered.
- Minimum of an Associates of Applied Sciences Degree in related field of medical electronics, electronic technology or equivalent military or related training required. CBET certification preferred.
- Three to five years experience or equivalent, performing corrective and planned maintenance on medical devices and/or clinical support equipment.
- Must have a basic understanding of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology.
- Working knowledge and ability to use basic hand tools and test equipment specific to the field.
- Ability to train CE associates on use and application of select test equipment.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of OSHA, NFPA, The Joint Commission, CAHO, EOC, FDA and other specific regulations and standards pertaining to clinical equipment service and repair.
- Ability to operate complex test equipment, analyze and interpret information provided by equipment and clinical staff to determine equipment operational condition.
- Must have basic understanding of personal computer operation, applications, and ability to input data using keyboard. Technician must be able to follow complex written instructions, perform tasks and document actions taken.
- Strong customer service communications skills are required to interact with hospital personnel and vendors to achieve positive outcomes.
- Ability to provide or coordinate in-service training to clinical/professional staff on medical device operations and safety functions.