The ideal candidate for this technical sales role will meet the following criteria:
- 4-year degree required (Engineering, Science, or Technical degree highly preferred)
- 3-5+ years successful sales experience in the Municipal water, Industrial water, Water Meter, or Engineering & Construction industries.
- Demonstrated ability to collect data, assess mechanical or process equipment, make recommendations for improvements, prepare commercial proposals, and close new business.
- Prior project management experience is a plus.
- Exposure or expertise with design-build water infrastructure projects, engineering and construction, capital improvements, and/or long-term maintenance service contracts is a plus.
- Exposure or expertise in water well drilling, water distribution, aquifers, high volume vertical turbine pumps, lift stations, mechanical water treatment unit operations, filtration systems, reverse osmosis (RO), ultra filtration (UF), sludge presses, and clarifiers is a plus, but not required.
- Exposure or expertise with new Smart Water Meters for potable drinking water, Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and/or Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) technologies is a plus.
- Exposure or expertise with industrial boilers, condensers, cooling towers, heat exchangers, and/or specialty chemicals is a plus, but not required.
- Well-rounded mechanical aptitude and familiarity with pumps, motors, valves, flanges, seals, piping, tanks, sensors, instrumentation, control systems, process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), and process flow diagrams (PFDs).
- Consultative problem-solving selling approach with strong relationship management skills.
- Strong competitive drive with consistent track record of high achievement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 50%.
- Valid drivers license with good driving record.
Compensation includes a very attractive base salary and lucrative uncapped sales commission program. Company benefits include a 401-K with company match, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, and paid time off. One must currently reside within the sales territory to be considered for this role. Our client is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.