Be advised: These positions are located in rural areas of Western Kansas and Western Oklahoma.
Reasons Why this is a Great Job for the Right Person:
- One of the top pork producing company’s in the United States – with strong employee tenure.
- Very well established and financially strong company
- Food group is the Largest Division in the company
- Environmentally sound operations
- Growth company that is adding jobs
- Opportunities for persona l & professional growth
- Competitive salary, bonus, benefits & relocation assistance
Compiles personnel assignment schedules and oversees the operations of the Feed Mill and Delivery Departments by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees product and manufacturing procedures to verify conformance to the high standards of quality as established by the CGMP’s for the industry.
- Reviews all daily usage, inventory, and investigates and corrects all discrepancies.
- Learns and understands the flow of all materials, incoming and out-going, and the standard operating procedures of all areas of the feed mill. Must be able to operate all areas of the feed mill and completely understand Automation system.
- Screens and performs interviews of hourly employee applicants.
- Trains appropriate hourly workers in their assigned work/production duties including cross training.
- Performs annual reviews of mill and delivery employees as needed.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet plant or production schedules.
- Recommends measures to improve mill and transportation production methods, equipment performance and quality of service and carry out any needed corrective action.
- Leads crew to achieve optimal production while maintaining output of quality product.
- Interprets company policies to workers and provides safety education by having effective and well planned safety meetings as required.
Directly supervises feed mill and Delivery employees within the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education or Training Required:
Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience Required (Length & Type):
Four or more years of management experience and/or training.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to use computers and all standard programs used by the industry and the ability to learn and effectively use any and all other computer programs that are or will be made available at the feed mill complex.
KEY WORDS: Feed Mill, Pellets, Manager